Monday, November 21, 2011

Easy recipe for sour cream chicken enchiladas?

8 oz sour cream


1/4 c. flour


2Tbs Margarine (melted)


1 can Chicken broth


1 can green chiles


3 chicken breasts cooked and cubed or shredded


1 c. shredded cheese (I like Monterey Jack but Colby Jack or cheddar works too.)


8 flour tortillas





Make a paste with melted margarine and flour in a saucepan over med/high heat





Add broth and wisk to form a thin gravy, simmer





Add sour cream and mix well, simmer





Add green chiles





MEANWHILE





Place 2 Tbs chicken and 2 Tbs cheese on flour tortilla and roll.





Place in a baking pan, top with sauce and bake at 350 for 25-30 min








This is my sister's recipe and I love it. You can add the chiles to the meat instead of in the sauce if you prefer and you can also add chopped black olives if you like.Easy recipe for sour cream chicken enchiladas?
allrecipes.comEasy recipe for sour cream chicken enchiladas?
put some cooked chicken and cheese in a tortilla and roll. make a few....then cover with enchilada sauce and cheese on top bake in oven for 30 minutes(covered) then top with sour cream or guac.
hi...so ok, I think my easy recipe is better than all of these.


I brown a 3 lb bag of chicken breast that I have diced up in a large skillet with butter and Lawry's seasoned salt. When the chicken is just cooked, I add a package of cream cheese that I have cut into cubes so it melts easier (8 oz pkg).


I use smaller flour tortillas and roll this mixture into those shells and place in a greased baking dish (9 x 13). In a large bowl I mix a can of 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and a 16 oz pkg (I them saucy) and I pour this over my enchiladas. I then sprinkle an 8 oz pkg of grated cheddar over all that. I bake at 350 for about an hour. These are sooooo good and sooooo easy. I hope you try making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment