Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any casserole recipes like Stouffer's Chicken and Veggie Bake?

I'm thinking about making a casserole in a couple days, with chicken, brocolli, carrots, rice and cheese. I'm hoping to come up with something with a similar taste and texture as Stouffer's ';Grandma's Chicken and Vegetable Bake,'; but with fresher ingredients. Anyone have advice for a good recipe to mimic this dinner?





Right now I'm thinking to cook and dice the veggies and chicken, mix in with cooked (basmati) rice, mix with some sauce/mix/cheese/etc (where I need the most help,) and topping it all with crumbled up stove-top stuffing.





How do I make the saucey cheesy mixture, and how long should I cook the casserole? I generally never use mayo, ranch, or sour cream, but I might make an exception if the ingredient will texturize without being tasted in the casserole.





I'm planning to use cheddar cheese (grated,) but I also have velveeta, mozarella, and a few other cheeses, if they might work better.





Someone give me a good recipe for all of these ingredients. Onion and spice are ok, btwAny casserole recipes like Stouffer's Chicken and Veggie Bake?
cheesy veggie chicken breasts on veggie pasta


Contributed By: linnis


my head








Ingredients


4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts-seasoned and sliced


1 cup Mixed frozen vegetables


Pam cooking spray or 1tsp oil


Salt/seasonings to taste


1 cup Grated cheese


4 Servings Spaghetti or fancy pasta of choice boiled in lightly salted water and drained


1tbsp Butter


1/2 cup Finely chopped frozen mixed vegetables and corn


Fresh herbs of choice to season





Preparation


Saute chicken breast strips in non stick pan until just cooked





Add vegetables and allow to cook slightly to maintain healthy crunch , cover with cheese, allow to melt.





Toss boiled pasta with butter, corn and chopped frozen veg. Season to taste.





Serve Cheesy veggie chicken over pasta.





Cook's Notes


Variation: add pasta sauce when cooking chicken before/instead of adding vegetablesAny casserole recipes like Stouffer's Chicken and Veggie Bake?
Spaghetti casserole ,just email me and I will give you the recipe .

No comments:

Post a Comment