Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I love chicken pot pie... I need a simple yet delicious recipe, could you help me?

I used to have one years ago, but I lost it, I would really appreciate your help.I love chicken pot pie... I need a simple yet delicious recipe, could you help me?
Pie crust (I get the double pack so I can have a top)


1 can cream of chicken soup (slightly diluted with 1/4-1/2 cup milk)


1 can of chicken meat (you know, like tuna); drained


1 small pkg of frozen mixed veges.





Mix the last 3 ingredients, dump into pie crust, add the top layer.


Bake at 350 degrees 'til it's hot %26amp; the crust is brown.


In fact. if you're in a hurry you could heat it on the stove before putting it into the pie shellI love chicken pot pie... I need a simple yet delicious recipe, could you help me?
I used to make this alot and sorta ';wing it '; as for what I have on hand. For the crust, use a ready made pie crust, such as Pillsbury. Just make sure you get one from the cold section (not frozen) with 2 pieces. use a dap of cooking spray in pan and line pie pan w/one piece. In large bowl, combine about 2 cups cooked chicken (you can steam it or use leftovers from baked one), any froz. veggies you like or have in the freezer, 1 or 2 cans (depending how large your pan is and how much other stuff you add) of cream of potato soup, thin w/a little milk (don't make too runny), salt, pepper to taste and the key...pinch of thyme. Pour into bottom, cover w/top piece, pinch to attatch and bake according to package of pie shell. Let rest 10 minutes after baking for pie to ';set';. sorry it's not more concrete, but you can play w/it to make it ';yours';. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment