Saturday, August 21, 2010

Recipe Chicken Pot Pie...How to bake the Crust?

Does anyone know..when you make chicken pot pie with pre-made crust bought in the store..do I bake the bottom crust first and then put the filling in and the top crust with the filling? or can I just prepare the whole thing put the filling in the crust not pre-cooked and then cooked the whole thing?Recipe Chicken Pot Pie...How to bake the Crust?
I just throw it all in and then bake NOT cookedRecipe Chicken Pot Pie...How to bake the Crust?
You don't have to cook the bottom crust first. It'll cook along with the filling and top crust. Be sure to make a few holes in the top crust because it'll produce a lot of steam and if it has no escape route there's liable to be a mess in your oven.





I commend your choice, by the way. I think homemade chicken pot pie is one of the true gems in the comfort food crown!
why mess about make like you would a pie and just cook and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment